Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sick at home...

I have truly been blessed today.

This weekend was our second YAV retreat. We had Thanksgiving Dinner together yesterday, and it was an incredible feast (minus crescent rolls, cranberry sauce and black olives) but everything else you can imagine we had.

Last night the YAV's and the workers in the office of the RUMP went to this crazy dance thing that I don't know what it is called, but it is inspired from the Puno/Lake Titicaca area and from what I saw on the cameras this morning was fantastic. I don't know the name and didn't see the dances as I was not there. I was home sick. I did enjoy the mooshier foods, as that was all that could (finally) be swallowed down my throat.

While the rest of my body found much relaxation and jubliance in my venture to Huanchaco, my left tonsil found something there that it really didn't enjoy so much. In fact it swelled to a size greater than an egg, definitely passed the halfway point in the back of my throat. Thank God the right did not do the same. There would have been a little bit more worry on my part if that had been the case.

Anyway, Monday afternoon it started and I felt a little crappy. Slept 13 hours that night and attempted work for about 3 hours, and when I found that everything I tried to accomplish was corrupted in some way or another, I heard God telling me to "Go home and rest", so I did. Wednesday, I found that I could not really speak and my MamaP, bless her, went to the pharmacy to get the turbo strength antibiotics I needed. Thursday came, and the blessed antibiotics were no match for Goliath the Tonsil. Debbie came with me to the doctor. When she looked in my nose, it was fine, when she looked in my mouth, the look on her face was pure horror and as she exclaimed "MALO, MALO, MALO, MALO, MALO, MALO MALO!!!!" she slowly backed away from the not so cavernous innerds of my mouth.

She then said a word that sounded like operation, but actually meant hospitalization. But, I thought "no way in heck am I going into the hospital on Thanksgiving without eating any stuffing" So, instead I received two of the most painful 950mg total atnibitoic shots to the boot-ay I have ever received in my life. Totally reduced the egg in my throat, and I feel ten million times better.

Though, this morning I found I was not allowed to go to Paracas with the rest of the YAVs for our retreat madness. I was pretty bummed out.

But now here I sit, having slept copious amounts of sleep over the past 4 days, and taking today all for myself. One of my concerns, one of my prayers has been answered. I had the most alone time I have desperately needed in months, today. I had so much that I even was able to contact some friends from home, my sister and my parents for chats. And, while my tonsils are still a little red and a little swollen, I feel rejuvenated. I feel triumphant.

We don't always like what happens in our lives. We don't always understand God's plan or the universe. But really, do we ever really need to?

all for me, for now.
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment