Monday, December 1, 2008

Congratulations!!!!

to all you YAV's out there in the world. We have officially made it through November. I know for me it has been a challenging month in a way I had not anticipated. I have been incredibly homesick for people and little things like grocery shopping. But, as December starts, I realize how far I have come on this journey, and how much farther I have to go. I am so excited to see how the rest of this year changes me as I can already see a transformation occurring.

Anyway, I want to commemorate today with a few lists; things I miss, things I don't miss, and things I appreciate like crazy here!

Missing:
+ cheddar cheese, colby cheese, colbyjack cheese.....aka any cheese that is yellow.
+ grocery shopping
+ dishwater omlettes (and scrambled eggs)
+ good wine, good friends, and laughing!
+ getting to decide what and how much I am going to eat

Not Missing:
- driving
- cell phones
- always being on time
- copy right laws

Enjoying!!
+ writing poetry and designing new clothes (my creativity is flourishing right now)
+ drinking tea every morning (and waking up early enough to sit and eat breakfast without rushing through it)
+ knitting
+ chatting with my MamaP
+ connecting with my family and friends at home
+ making my legs hurt on a weekly basis with new yoga stretches and positions
+ actually reading my bible every week, starting in Genesis. ¿I wonder how far I will get by August?
+ taking advantage of the fact that IAMINPERU! and being present in my life here

okay, I think that is enough.
I am thinking of you all and know that you are in my prayers and good energy is being sent your way. love you all.

katie

No comments:

Post a Comment