Monday, November 3, 2008

Words I never though would pass my lips...

did.

I miss my electric shower.

I still can't believe I said that. But here is the story. About half way through September, my MamaP started the process of having a hot water heater installed. Fantastic! I initiallyt thought. And then I saw the size of the hot water heater, about 2.5 feet tall and a foot or so round (aka much smaller than any other water heater you have ever heard of), but overall I was still excited as I had still not made peace with the crazy shower of death.

And then a month passed, and the shower and I got along better, and I had real hot water and my MamaP no longer thought I was a dirty hippie, and then it was gone. And my shower did not work. and 3 more men had to come to the house to fix it (I think in total it took 7 technically inclined men to install the water heater). And then my shower worked, and there was no scary electrical wires or subtle shocks as I showered.

However, the size of the water heater does make a difference when showering. I am finding that I must run through my shower once more. I only get about 5 minutes of hot water, then it tapers off rather quickly.

Yes, this may just be me complaining, but too bad. I am learning a lot about myself and my life and what I need. I can give up my yoga work out privacy, I can give up my personal bubble on a bus, I can even give up milk (though I am taking calcium pills) but, I need people who can remember my name and I need hot water for showers.

all for me, for now.
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment