Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm, an AUNTIE!!!!

Connor William Murphy


I just wanted to share this very proud moment in my life. Yesterday my sister finally gave birth to my very first nephew. He weighs 8lbs 4 oz, is 21.2 inches long, has red hair and blue eyes, and obviously very pudgy cheeks.

I have to admit, it has been really hard to be away from home during the past 7 months. I just wanted to be there with my sister as she has this amazing experience. Even more so yesterday. I cried a good part of the day. And crying is not really a normal way to express emotion in Peru, so mostly everyone was confused. I am so very happy and at the same time, wish I had a teleporter.

The cool thing is that my nephew does have is very own Peruvian nickname, Cachetone. For two reasons. 1.Cachetes are the chubby cheeks you see in the above picture and 2. No one here can say Connor. So, it works out. Plus, how cool is it to have a Peruvian nickname??

all for me, for now
auntie katie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a huge baby! My older sis just had her first child, and she weighed just over 6 lbs.

    Congrats to Ginny and your family.

    -Carlos

    ReplyDelete